Safety Tips when using metal polishes
- Always use a barrier cream to prevent skin absorption of metals and chemicals.
- Always cover exposed areas of skin and wear safety goggles or face shields when power buffing.
- Cover and tie long hair to prevent entanglement with machines.
- Fasten loose cuffs and loose clothing. Remove or secure long necklaces to prevent entanglement.
- All liquid and most paste polishes give off heavy vapors which may interfere with judgement, cause nausea, etc. Always use polishes in a well ventilated area.
- Vapors are normally flammable. Never expose to naked flame or polish in poorly ventilated areas - especially if there is an open flame.
- Flush eyes well with water should any polishes or particles get into the eye. DO NOT RUB!!! Contact nearest hospital if irritation persists.
- KEEP ALL CHEMICALS STORED SAFELY AWAY FROM CHILDREN, in a cool place and out of direct sunlight.
- If polishes are ever accidentally imbibed, contact the nearest poison
center and give details of polish manufacturer to doctor IMMEDIATELY. Or better still, take a bottle of the substance with you.
- PREVENT inhalation of vapors and metal particles, wear a face mask!
- Always clean up when changing metals, always use a different bag for vacuming buffing dust from different metals.
combinations of dusts from various metals can be explosive. That is how we get fireworks!
- Never, ever mix two different liquid polishes together, some combinations can give off poisonous and or very volatile gases.
- REMEMBER, ALL METALS ARE HAZARDOUS TO THE BODY IN LARGE QUANTITIES. MANY PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISORDERS RELATE TO EXCESSIVE METALS IN THE BODY. DO NOT BECOME YOUR OWN VICTIM!